Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Calvin's Special Baptism Day

Calvin was baptized on July 6th, the day after his birthday! He looked so cute and was just as excited on the inside as he was nervous on the outside! In fact, when he had his baptism interview the Sunday before, he looked up at me anxiously and said, "Oh mom, I really hope I pass!" He is such a sweet innocent and good boy. I told him I knew he would pass and that I was very proud of him for making the decision to be baptized. 
I won't forget how big he looked all dressed in a white jumpsuit with his summer tanned skin and his new big front teeth still making their way through. His smile is irresistible and you can't help yourself from smiling back at him . :) 
Calvin had a lot of family there to support him. All the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. on the Wallis side, and all the cousins aunts and uncles and grandparents on the Oldham side. We are so blessed to have such supportive families. I know Calvin felt very loved and even a bit bashful from being the center of all the attention. 
He didn't hesitate at all going into the font, he walked right down in with Jeff and looked out at everyone excitedly.  After the prayer he gave his daddy a big hug and turned once again to smile out at the crowd. I wanted to clap for him I was so happy and could tell he was too! The spirit felt so strong the entire day, and I know that Calvin has a testimony of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know they must be so pleased by him and watching over him. I felt a powerful witness of what a special boy he is and I know he will make an impact on many people throughout his life. I feel like in many ways he already does. I love being his mother and a part of his life! 
After the ordinance, we all met in our backyard for bbq pork sandwiches, salads and desserts. Jeff and I just finished curbing along our fence Thursday and had things looking better in the yard. We had the tables all done in red white and blue tableclothes with center pieces designed by Calvin and made by Bizzy, Ben Calvin and Tommy. They filled mason jars with gravel and stuck a little American flag in each. Calvin loves the American flag and loved being a part of all the 4th of July festivities.  Having been named after his Great Grandpa Calvin who was born on the 4th of July and who was named after a U. S. President and served our country in the Navy,  Calvin is very patriotic and gets to celebrate like crazy during his birthday month! To him the fireworks and the parades are all part of his Birthday! What a fun time of year to be born! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment