Wednesday, September 4, 2013

33 weeks!





My babies are growing!!! Today's appointment went very well. Baby A is measuring at approx 5.1 lbs 33 weeks and 3 days and Baby B is approx 4.8 lbs. 33 weeks. That's 9.9 lbs of baby going on right now and I'm feeling it! I'm dilated to a 1 already and have been having Braxton hicks contractions daily. I know I'm not going into labor yet, and it's just my body's way of preparing, but the feeling takes me right back to the delivery room when I had Tommy and is sometimes painful! 
Good news is, both babies are head down now and  in proper position meaning no c-section! I'm so relieved about that! 
I start now with weekly visits to the Dr. and the non-stress tests. That will be a new experience for me and I hope the babes cooperate so I don't have to stay there for hours. :) 
On Saturday Calvin had a football game against Sky View and while I was sitting in my camp chair in the shade a couple came up to me. The man said, "I can't help it, I have to ask....are you having twins or triplets?" 
Whoa.....triplets? What? Really? 
"No," I said, "I'm just having one."
To that his wife slapped him across his shoulders and said something like, "I told you not to ask!"
Then I said I was kidding and I was really having twins. But seriously, I don't think I'd dare ask someone that! I had to give him a little bit of a hard time over it. 
"You just made my day" I thought to myself. :)
My big boys were so funny on Sunday. Jeff was at work and I was on my own the whole day with the 3 and as we climbed into the car to go to church I asked them all to be on their best behavior and to help mommy out. They all agreed and Tommy sincerely offered to help me get up when I needed to. Then I overheard Calvin and Ben talking in the back seat about how it would be pretty tough to lift mom right now, but Hulk could probably do it. "Yeah, Hulk could probably lift mom with one finger!" they said. They were also being sincere. :) I had to laugh, but I also thought my goodness is this what we've come to......we need the HULK to lift me up?!!!!  I suppose you know it's going to be a good day when it starts out like that!  Right? :) Turns out it was a good day, but a really long one! I attended 6 hours of church! A two hour mtg before church and a 1 hour mtg after! I guess I'm making up for all the Sunday's I'll miss during recovery and new babies and stuff. Thank goodness the boys were so good to tend themselves and get along so well, what a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment