Here they are at one month! I think they're getting chubbier! :) They've added so much joy to our lives! I can't imagine life without them, they've swept me off my feet and wrapped me around their little fingers!
I find myself taking care of their needs for the better part of my day, and thinking once this one and that one is asleep I'll clean up the kitchen, or get some laundry done, or make a meal, take a shower or something. But 9 times out of 10 I can't bring myself to put down the little snugly baby curled up on my chest breathing into my neck. The fuzzy little bean resting under my chin and the body that is changing and growing right before my eyes! I just can't do it. I can't tear myself away. So.... I let the house wait. I walk the floor babe in arms and I try not to notice every kitchen cupboard that is wide open, the chairs at the table and the stools at the counter are all askew, breakfast lunch and dinner plates or cups and food scraps are lingering about...some on the floor..., small piles of clothes are gathering in all sorts of places around the house, my bed is unmade, hair on top of my head, makeup...what's that? But with all of that, I gave to admit I am so happy! I wouldn't want it any other way! Don't get me wrong I love me a clean and organized house, but I am able to be so happy with what I do have, it helps me not focus or dwell on the things I don't.
There is a saying that goes, "We lose ourselves in the things we love. We find ourselves there also." Author unknown.
I think it's true, and I'm glad I'm all wrapped up in this. :)
It's not easy having twins, and I'm a far cry from amazing. I have had so many wonderful people help in so many ways. From a surprise meal brought over, friends taking Tommy to play, a friend scrubbing my bathrooms and floors, a friend coming over to hold babies while I shower, another coming to stay up late at night with me when babies are fussy and the hubby has the night shift at work. A good long outing to the store to shop with my mom, a friend going grocery shopping for me, a lunch date, a thoughtful text message, a box of diapers left on the front porch...3 times! Sweet little boys who bring me a crying baby or console one while I do the other. A hug, a warm sunny autumn day and a refreshing walk around the block. All of these little things and big things keep me going every day. It takes a village you know...I live in the best village!
Happy one month Charlie!






No comments:
Post a Comment