Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's official!

Jeff and I are officially on schedule for our surgeries this Thursday! The nurse just called and said, "It looks like you're getting HCG!" Yay! I'm so excited to be another step closer in this process, and even more excited to have my three shots a day done with! (tonight's my last night!) I've been trying to get Jeff excited about his biopsy, but he's just not, really. We watched a video of the MESA surgery online and ever since then he's been so sensitive! ;) (I'm so mean to tease him). Today Dr. H said to me in his calm quiet voice, "yours won't be nearly as bad as his. You'll be sound asleep and won't feel a thing. He's going to be sore for a few days! "
I'm really thankful Jeff is willing to go through this for me!
The HCG is a honkin Tonkin big shot for my butt. Now that my stomach is all bruised up, might as well start on the other side right? I'm just not a shot person, and to boot, they call it the "trigger shot". (to trigger the full maturation of my eggs). But it sounds like a gun shot to the rear. Ouch!
We are expecting 7-10 eggs. I learned that the more you get sometimes means they are of lesser quality, but they won't do IVF with less than 6 so we are right on track. I feel like I have jello for insides right now, but if you think about a natural ovulation and one egg being about 2cm, and I have 7-10 each much larger than 2cm. Its no wonder it feels so strange.
I'm feeling great otherwise, and looking forward to the next part of this journey!










No comments:

Post a Comment