I have done really well with the Lupron shots. Almost no side effects ( I was worried about having hot flashes and craziness, but if you ask me I'm perfectly normal. (don't all crazies think they're perfectly normal?) ;)
I received a big 10lb. box of meds the other day. Talk about a humbling experience! $2500.00 in meds and I'm not even sick! Here is what it looks like:
![]() |
| Benny boy holding my delivery of meds! |
Last night Jeff started me on two more injections they hurt a little bit more, but overall I think I'll survive. I am such a wimp about needles. I am so so so thankful that Jeff is a nurse and can administer the injections! I don't think I could do it myself. It's truly a tender mercy. I have learned so much on this journey and I'm so amazed at what people go through to have children! I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining because if it works it will be so worth it! Even If it doesn't work, at least we tried and we can move on without regrets. On Monday the 28th, I go in for an ultrasound to see how my body is responding to the stimulation drugs. These drugs are supposed to make my ovaries produce a lot of mature eggs. At least 6 or they will end my cycle and try again. With me losing the cost of medication. I don't know how on earth we would afford that so it better work the first time! :)
Just a side note. We did look into some adoption agencies, and even some other programs to help people have children. We don't qualify for these because we already have three biological children. Which is totally ok with me because we are so blessed to have our three boys and we know others who have been waiting and working so hard just to have one! This process has made me so grateful for my blessings, and I really hold my little ones more tightly!
![]() |
| packages of needles and drugs, yikes! |
![]() |
| more meds, and my very own sharps container! |
![]() |
| my lovely bruise from one lupron shot |





No comments:
Post a Comment