Friday, March 8, 2013

Double the Excitement!!

We are expecting TWINS!!
We found out during the ultrasound today that there wasn't just one baby...but two babies! We did put two embryos in, however, with my blood HCG levels and all, we really thought it was one. In fact just before the doctor came into the room I looked at Jeff and said, "Oh, please just let me be pregnant!" :) The way they call it a "viability ultrasound" made me nervous that there was a chance the pregnancy might have ended?
How fun to see the two babies! What music to hear their little heartbeats! Dr H. said, "uh oh...you're in trouble!" (He has twin girls). :) "You're having twins!"
So, here comes the most welcomed trouble...in a good way! :)
We snapped a few pics, and you can see one sack is much bigger than the other. Dr. says that isn't a worry this early on. Both babies measured the same size, just different levels of fluid. I am 7 weeks exactly today, and they both measured 7 weeks and one day. The baby in the bigger sack had a heart rate of 150. And the smaller one 138. Both good strong, healthy heart rates.
We met up with my parents and sister Emily and her husband Jordan afterwards. We had a celebratory dinner for Em's birthday and our news. While eating dinner Jeff reminded me that 9 years ago today, on March 8th we got engaged! I love that he remembered that! We got engaged in St. George, Utah and Em was with me then too. Pretty cool I think! I'll have to write a blog post about that experience soon. ;)
The brothers are super excited and were really good for Grandma Wallis today. We are so grateful for everyone's help, prayers, love and support! We are very humbled and a bit nervous, looking forward with faith and hope and anticipation! We are so thankful most of all to our Heavenly Father.





2 comments:

  1. We are SO excited for you guys! I called Ry and my Mom right after I got off the phone with you! We are all so so happy for you guys!!! Love you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! It's amazing and shocking and just Wow! It is so cool that you're expecting twins too! Pass along all your advice please! :)

    ReplyDelete